NIPCO™ I Calender
Efficiency through innovation
The NIPCO™ I calender is an outstanding development of flexibility and efficiency in calender processing. The combination of a free rotating sleeve, whether a GTP6, TopTec3 or Steel covered by paper/cotton with our selective pressure adjustment in the width, will always prevent burning and marking of the sleeve edges.
The pressure is effective in only the requested zones, no other system in the market can compete with this function. Other sleeves, when slid on, will over time start frictioning resulting in weft distortion.
Motorised width adjusting
An outstanding innovative development is the NIPCO™ system width adjustment. The motorised system will give a line pressure where it is needed, to suit the fabric width. The motorised system can be programmed to load the pressure suit the fabric width, retracting the sleeve to avoid contact between sleeve and heated roller, preventing edge damage.
Fabric passage diagram
Our calenders are designed and manufactured in a self supporting way and are shipped completly assembled. Due to our calender manufacturing style, erection and commission take short time as they are already fully assembled with wiring and pipings already tested. No special foundation are requested.
- Uniform line pressure distribution in the nip over the fabric width.
- Adjustable pressing width to suit change of fabric width under pressure without stopping production.
- Thermal relief of the sleeve next to the fabric by retraction forces, variable setting to prevent burning out and edge marking of the sleeve.
- Stepless selectable line pressure in the nip.
- Easy installation and change of any sleeve under consideration by our cantilever systems.
- Same sleeve for the complete range of your fabrics in different widths.
NIPCO I calender is the calender most perfoming for all kind of fabrics like shirting, home textile and technical textiles. Line force up to 400 N/mm (infinitely adjustable) in combination with a GTP6 thermo-elastic polyamide sleeve or TT3 duroplastic sleeve, offers various options for different finishing and a top-quality effect. Thanks to the counter pistons, assembled at the opposite side of the main line pressure, the external sides of the sleeve, where the fabric is not present, are open like wings and not in touch against the hot steel roller, preventing the overheating and life of the sleeve